Of course we all want to be the best parent we can be. The one who bakes, makes it to all the games, cooks a family dinner every night, always has a clean house.. you know the one don’t you? I’m sure you can think of at least one mom that you think “She’s got it all together.” *Rolls Eyes*
There’s something my mom used to say when I was growing up from time to time and even more so now that I am a mommy myself.
” You were Courtney before you were Mom.”
Seems pretty basic right? My point here.. you have to allow YOU time.
I challenge you to a YOU challenge. Start with something small, it doesn’t have to be a fancy night out.
I can’t tell you the number of movies that I have watched over… 3 days. Because I can’t make it through 10 minutes before someone needs something.
My movie recommendation.. Bad Moms!
Here are some other YOU ideas:
- Buy yourself some Mommy “Juice” and enjoy a glass.. or two!
- Take a hot shower, alone! Even if it is 10pm, or 11
- Sit in the driveway or at the end of the street for 5 minutes. Listen to your favorite song and sing it out loud!!
- Phone a friend. Maybe while you drive to or from work, or while the kids nap.
- Get dressed up. Even if you don’t plan on going anywhere at all. It’ll make you feel good. I promise!
- Find a hobby. Something you can do at home. Puzzle, write in a journal, color (yes I did say color).
- Read a book or magazine. Magazines are easier for me personally. The articles are shorter and you can flip through it.
- Go for a walk! I know here in Texas it’s still HOT and HUMID.. so keep it short!
Please leave comments and SHARE your YOU ideas!